Blogs > Cooking from Scratch

Chef Stacy believes that cooking from scratch and using the best ingredients are the secrets to preparing delicious and memorable meals. She has created dozens of classes for the home chef and teaches students how to master culinary techniques and recipes in just one session. Read on to see what she's dishing up for The Oakland Press today....

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

Holiday Market has been hoppin' since the doors opened this morning, and we're sure to keep the same pace until we close tomorrow afternoon at 2 pm (yes, we're open for those last-minute shoppers and any chefs-in-training who've not been practicing their mise en place!).

I'm still working on the class schedule for January, February & March, but when I leave, I'm heading downstairs to get some groceries so I can start creating my Thanksgiving dishes to share with my family. Happily, there isn't too much to do. The turkey has been thawed so it will go into my quick brine tonight. Pie crust was made on Monday night, so making an apple & pumpkin pie will be a manageable project for this evening, and my Madjool dates have been pitted so all that remains is a quick stuffing and then swaddling them with Niman Ranch bacon.

As I reflect on Thanksgiving and the things I'm thankful for, I am struck by the overwhelming feeling of gratitude to you, our loyal customers who have come to our classes and helped us grow each and every year. Moreover, I am profoundly grateful to the Violante and Mangold families who have made Mirepoix a possibility because of their love of food, family and friends. Mirepoix is the kind of opportunity every chef dreams about, and without their vision and commitment,for me, it would still be just a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home